Endless void

In a perfect world, I would've been a person who wouldn't hesitate to stand up for myself.
I would radiate so much confidence and have been a beacon of hope for myself.
But here I am, stuck in a place where the world is anything but.
In a perfect world, I would be surrounded by people who would stay by me and not just by mere words.
A camaraderie so rare and precious that it would make my heart soar.
Whereas I belong to a place where friendships and relationships are just words held by meaningless promises.
In a perfect world, people would actually respect and accept for who I am.
A world where not a single soul feels left out or gives them a reason to just give up.
Alas! I am chained to a place where all people do is mock and criticize a person so much that they forget what humanity is.
In a perfect world, things would've turned so much better than what it is now.
A world where I get to do what I am passionate about, dream a dream no matter how big or absurd and not only do I make it but, I actually wouldn't have let anybody down.
Unfortunately, I come from a place where dreams are nothing but your very own ropes of death, killing you everyday
 moment after moment.
How sad is it that I belong to a world in which there is absolutely no sense of freedom or true, genuine affection and how I wish my dream of a perfect world was indeed not a dream.

Comments

Popular Posts